Author Topic: Television  (Read 14370 times)

Loupgaros

Re: Television
« Reply #15 on: May 22, 2007, 17:11:12 »
No one could guess becauses they thought it was rude! *snickers* He he, that ranks as one of the best Catchhrase moments...

Benny Brownpaws

« Reply #16 on: May 23, 2007, 11:29:13 »
Doctor WHo
Torchwood
Redwall

I prefer to buy dvds though, and avoid adverts.

Loupgaros

« Reply #17 on: May 23, 2007, 21:52:21 »
Lately I have been watching zilch. All my faves are on Youtube. But I will watch Cheaters on Living of a morning. Tis very funny....

Offline Exiled Wolf

• Media Relations & Security
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Woof Bark Grrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: May 24, 2007, 23:47:54 »
I'm another of the "Don't watch much TV" crew. What I do watch on the TV I try to get without the adverts through one means or another.

Otherwise I bypass the scheduling completely and go "acquire" my viewables from other sources. DVD's are a good plan too since they are advertless and often have funky bits and pieces with them.

Other than that, internet TV is where I'm at, and RantTV in particular.

So, with that aside, to the list of visual entertainment related goo:

NCIS
CSI/CSI:Miami/CSI:NY (So I'm a CSI whore, sue!)
Patrolling With Sean Kennedy
The Simpsons/Futurama/Family Guy ect.
Doctor Who
Stargate SG-1
And the list goes on and on, but I won't, because I already have  ;)

Loupgaros

« Reply #19 on: May 25, 2007, 21:43:13 »
CSI is brilliant. Like Midsomer Murdeers, you have to suspend belief a bit but still good. My fave is David Caruso as Horatio. But I have a mild weakness for redheads and alpha personalities....

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2007, 22:24:03 »
CSI is brilliant. Like Midsomer Murdeers, you have to suspend belief a bit but still good. My fave is David Caruso as Horatio. But I have a mild weakness for redheads and alpha personalities....

Agreed, their scripts can be a little different to reality for my liking sometimes.  I'm studying an MSci degree in chemistry and several times I've been caught shouting at the TV things like "That takes 4 hours, not 20 seconds!!" :P
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline Exiled Wolf

• Media Relations & Security
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Woof Bark Grrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: May 26, 2007, 00:01:21 »
CSI is brilliant. Like Midsomer Murdeers, you have to suspend belief a bit but still good. My fave is David Caruso as Horatio.

Agreed on all counts. Horatio is fantastic, but by gods, the puns!

I've been caught shouting at the TV things like "That takes 4 hours, not 20 seconds!!" :P

Same here, except I'm not studying chemistry, so what's my excuse for knowing?
Other than I know more about random stuff than any person should...

Offline The Dark Knight

• Head Of Convention Operations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • "MOVE!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 26, 2007, 00:09:44 »
The problem I have whenever I see David Caruso is that he was in Hudson Hawk as "Kit-Kat". XD

Offline Blaster2

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • The 2nd coming....is coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 26, 2007, 08:39:55 »
I'm another CSI whore, I can't get enough of it! Things like Law and Order, courtroom dramas and anything like that are definately my cup of tea. Give me a Columbo marathon and I'd be there!

I'm also a lover of gruesome horror films, no idea why, I used to hate them, and curl up on the sofa hiding behind whatever was nearest!

Sci-fi is anything essential! I love Star Trek, Doctor Who etc.

Oh, and pretty much anything cartoony and aimed at age 10+

Loupgaros

« Reply #24 on: May 26, 2007, 18:20:42 »
Let's have a sci-fi fest! ^.^ *chuckles* I love sci-fi as much as anyone.. I even watched the first series of Star Trek when BBC 2 showed it at lunhtimes. Captain Kirk is very good but then I like William Shatner....

And he is brilliant in Boston Legal. I want Danny Crane as my lawyer!