Author Topic: Video / Computer Games  (Read 16382 times)

Diesel

Video / Computer Games
« on: May 22, 2007, 15:26:09 »
Seeing as we're covering everyone's fave stuffs, thought I'd open up another area - videogaming!  What're your fave consoles/games of all time, or what've yeh been playing recently?

I've always been in love with the Amiga, particularly the 1200 model... I'm WAAAAYYY more addicted to retrogaming than nu-gen stuff - it took me five years to go out and get an XBox original!  Saying that, I've been addicted to the Halo 3 beta on me housemate's 360 as of late, crackin' stuff... I don't know what it is about the Halo franchise that separates it from other shooters, but boy does it do it with STYLE!  ;D

Other than that, I'd have to say my all-time favourite games are Crazy Taxi 2, Zelda : Ocarina of Time and the first Monkey Island game... I've got a top ten that shifts around a lot but those pretty much make the top 3 regularly  :)

Loupgaros

Re: Video / Computer Games
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2007, 15:40:27 »
PC. Daggerfall is a big yes from me. I simply couldn't get enough of it. In fact I went up to 25th level and stopped, because it was capped. It was fun to kill those below me in one strike....

Offline The Dark Knight

• Head Of Convention Operations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • "MOVE!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2007, 16:09:18 »
Seeing as we're covering everyone's fave stuffs, thought I'd open up another area - videogaming!  What're your fave consoles/games of all time, or what've yeh been playing recently?

I've always been in love with the Amiga, particularly the 1200 model... I'm WAAAAYYY more addicted to retrogaming than nu-gen stuff -
Me too! I've got an A1200 at home. I love it to pieces! <3

For old school gaming my fave is still F19 Stealth Fighter.

Crackdown has been my favourite modern game as of recent.

Offline Exiled Wolf

• Media Relations & Security
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Woof Bark Grrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 26, 2007, 00:18:08 »
Amiga hardware FTW!

500, 500+ and 1200 in the house right now. TFX is an awesome game. Combat flight simulation with court marshals if you broke rules of engagement! So frigging great I'm miffed I've lost it in the pile of rubble that is Amiga stoof.

Other than that, I'm hooked on the Elder Scrolls series on PC. I generally hate MMORPG's so the huge offline ones, especially the openended ones, win all the time. On my 360, Crackdown is fun, as is Dead Rising.

I spend too much time on my gaming rigs at the moment *giggles*

Offline Blaster2

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • The 2nd coming....is coming!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2007, 08:35:31 »

Sonic related stuff, obviously! I've even been lucky enough to play the arcade versions of SegaSonic, which was controlled with a trackball, and Sonic the Fighters.

I also like Beat 'em ups and racing games , but sport sims have never been a love of mine, just like in real life.

Loupgaros

« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2007, 18:21:13 »
I've played the arcade version too. It rawks my sawks.....

Benny Brownpaws

« Reply #6 on: May 28, 2007, 11:05:22 »
Woot for sawkrawking!

I love Doom and Duke Nukem. I just found a 3DFX game engine for original Doom and a Build engine emulator for Duke Nukem, so they all play at full speed on my machine and look gorgeous.

Sonic games rule as well, and I only ever use my PSP and XBOX for playing retro packs of sega games, sonic especially.

Loupgaros

« Reply #7 on: May 28, 2007, 11:08:12 »
*squees* Sonic is brilliant. I always play as Tails and albinoblacksheep.com has a Sonic game on it, although I never get past act 2....

Offline The Dark Knight

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • "MOVE!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 10:42:26 »
Woot for sawkrawking!

I love Doom and Duke Nukem. I just found a 3DFX game engine for original Doom and a Build engine emulator for Duke Nukem, so they all play at full speed on my machine and look gorgeous.
Doomsday by any chance? :)

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I can see through time!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #9 on: June 01, 2007, 21:52:29 »
My favourite console is the PS2 and now the PS3.  Purely because I'm a Sony bitch, though I aun't getting a PS3 till the prices come down as I'm a cheap bastard :P

Offline The Dark Knight

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • "MOVE!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 04, 2007, 12:58:08 »
Amiga hardware FTW!

500, 500+ and 1200 in the house right now. TFX is an awesome game. Combat flight simulation with court marshals if you broke rules of engagement! So frigging great I'm miffed I've lost it in the pile of rubble that is Amiga stoof.
I have TFX. :)

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I can see through time!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #11 on: June 08, 2007, 18:27:47 »
Don't forget Second Life :P
SL FTW! Hehehe
*builds more Stargates*

Loupgaros

« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2007, 20:39:42 »
Currently, I'm playing DOOM. Sent to me and I'm very much enjoying it.

Benny Brownpaws

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2007, 18:14:46 »
Woot for sawkrawking!

Doomsday by any chance? :)

Hell yeah! With the full 3D anim pack, alternate weapons pack like a winchester rifle, extra levels, redesigned original levels for adding jumping challenges etc, the works!

And I sent Doom to my mate. What a pressie to give a girl, heehee! Well, I offered, she said yes....

Loupgaros

« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2007, 21:21:58 »
<.< *pulls tongue to above* Nothing like a kill game is what I say!