Author Topic: Change to registration for the Art Show!  (Read 8244 times)

Offline Cosmo

• Dealers' Den Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
Change to registration for the Art Show!
« on: March 26, 2009, 15:35:32 »
Hi everyone
The art show registration is due to close next monday and so far we have only had one person register. Because of the short amount of time left, we have decided to make a change.

Instead of registering in advance, bring your art with you on the day and if there is space, we will put your art in the exhibition.

However, please note that, due to the lack of space, the auction items and the items belonging to the person who has already registered will be given priority.
Apart from that, there will be a first come first served system in place, though we may put a limit on the number of items which can be put in the art show by each artist if interest is high.

Cosmo
Art Show/Dealers Den Administration

Offline Hollso

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • Art gallery
Re: Change to registration for the Art Show!
« Reply #1 on: March 27, 2009, 21:19:32 »
One person register? D'oh!
In that case, I will try and put together some works over May to bring along. I've been too busy to worry about registering, and wasn't going to bother, but this works in my favour. Thanks Cosmo!

Offline TheOutKast

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
    • Art site
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2009, 14:55:46 »
i belive im that one person...

im so shocked! this is a brilliant oppotunity to get work seen by other people and theres so many attending the con! blimey :s i definately think there should be more artists doing this too. Btw, i may have an e-mail to send you soon in regards to this..but wow yeah i am suprised!

CaliHusky

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2009, 16:10:25 »
Well, I believe the response for the t-shirt contest tells me there's a lot of artists who aren't so bothered if their work is shown or not anymore... considering that only had one entry as well.

Offline Cosmo

• Dealers' Den Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2009, 16:49:37 »
My experience with artists has been that they tend to take a lot of time to produce something that they themselves are happy with. They might produce a lot of drawings but only be really happy to display one of those drawings because they can see some flaw in the others, even if nobody else can.
Add to that the fact that they mostly have other things to be getting on with, like jobs or families, and time soon passes.
Also, when people in general are given a deadline to do something, they tend to procrastinate a bit until closer to that deadline. It could be that people had forgotten about the art show registration deadline, or not noticed it in the first place, and saw the convention itself as the deadline and had decided to leave the drawings that they wanted to do until closer to the convention.

Offline Hollso

• Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • Art gallery
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2009, 23:36:49 »
To be honest, I wasn't thinking about the art show very much, but I was encouraged by the friend I'm staying with for AC in July.
I would have registered if I knew at this stage what I was going to take or how to display it...

All right! Tomorrow, I'll commit and register. It can't hurt. I'll try and guess how much space I might need.

Do you want the donation on the day, or beforehand?

Offline Cosmo

• Dealers' Den Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2009, 23:48:45 »
All right! Tomorrow, I'll commit and register. It can't hurt. I'll try and guess how much space I might need.

Do you want the donation on the day, or beforehand?

On the day will be fine :)
With regard to the amount of space required, be aware that the space we have available to us is quite small this year, and we have to fit the auction stuff on it too. We do, however, aim to have display boards as well this year so which will help. :P

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #7 on: March 30, 2009, 17:48:18 »
Most artists when it comes to t-shirt competitions etc also wait till near the deadline because they want to see the competition. Also a bit of "ooh no ones entered ill do that and win it"
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline Alexfox

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
    • FA page
« Reply #8 on: March 30, 2009, 23:51:14 »
I thought that I registered for this way back along with the dealers den? Unless this got lost too. I couldn't place a tally on the amount of items that I had for sale back then since I had no idea on how many pictures I would have compleate and ready for sale at that time.

Offline Smalford74

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2009, 19:02:12 »
I agree with Alexfox on this one!

I sent an e-mail to say I would be interested in reserving some space at the artshow for ConFuzzled 2009, back in September of last year. I got a reply back to that e-mail too, so... did I manage to reserve any space in the artshow?

Offline Cosmo

• Dealers' Den Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2009, 19:54:25 »
I agree with Alexfox on this one!

I sent an e-mail to say I would be interested in reserving some space at the artshow for ConFuzzled 2009, back in September of last year. I got a reply back to that e-mail too, so... did I manage to reserve any space in the artshow?

Ah yes, I missed that one because it was a joint email for the dealer's den and the art show. You're fine don't worry, my mistake