Author Topic: ConFuzzled Application (Events On Your Mobile)  (Read 16070 times)

Offline phoenixbehemoth

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Re: ConFuzzled Application (Events On Your Mobile)
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2009, 12:44:22 »
found that the second edition kills nokia s60 v3 app server which then lags phone even while app no longer running also stops it from uninstalling as running in background lucky reinstalling then uninstalling without running will get rid of app. error was something to do with loopback proccess this was on samsung g810 symbian s60 v3 ???
« Last Edit: May 10, 2009, 23:28:55 by phoenixbehemoth »

SouthPaw

« Reply #16 on: May 10, 2009, 19:07:07 »
Sadly the app doesn't run on the HTC Dream (aka T-Mobile G1) with the Netmite J2ME Runner installed. Throws up a "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Conference.load() caught java.lang.NullPointerException at line 0" when trying to launch it, though that could be a failed conversion.

The "iPhone" portal version works quite happily though.

Cheers,

Southie

Offline Dingotush

• SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • The real wolf's lair
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2009, 20:48:32 »
found that the second edition kills nokia s60 v3 app server which then lags phone even while app no longer running also stops it from uninstalling as running in background lucky reinstalling then uninstalling without running will get rid of app. error was something to do with loopback proccess this was on samsung g810 symbian s60 v3 ???
I'm not quite sure what you are saying here - what do you mean by the "second edition"? Do you mean the v1.5 update of the original application or the Sony Ericsson version?  And what do you mean by the Nokia app server?

The Samsung G810 will need to use the "Sony Ericsson" version as there are bugs in the Symbian S60 Java implementation.  This might be what is causing the device to hang.  Its also possible for an application to be suspended (in memory, but not running) in some cases (an incoming call is the obvious one) in which case you can return to it and it carries on running.

I've no idea what "loopback process" is about - that's no part of the application.

Who was she kidding?  It was easy to be a vegetarian by day.  It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian by night that took the real effort. - Angua (Pterry)

Offline Dingotush

• SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • The real wolf's lair
« Reply #18 on: May 11, 2009, 21:01:17 »
Sadly the app doesn't run on the HTC Dream (aka T-Mobile G1) with the Netmite J2ME Runner installed. Throws up a "java.lang.IllegalStateException: Conference.load() caught java.lang.NullPointerException at line 0" when trying to launch it, though that could be a failed conversion.
Shame about that - looks like it had some trouble extracting the text file that describes all the events. Something to look at after CF I think, and with a version without the debug line numbers stripped out.
Who was she kidding?  It was easy to be a vegetarian by day.  It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian by night that took the real effort. - Angua (Pterry)

Offline phoenixbehemoth

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 11, 2009, 21:45:00 »
sorry was running sonyericson mistook se for second edition origanal one worked fine ecept hard to see the sony ericson one when ran once it stayed running in phones memory and froze it up constantly displaying the loopback error message did not write it down while was up. seams to work now was installed to find out what component in phone was crashing not doing it any longer thanks