Author Topic: ConFuzzled Application (Events On Your Mobile)  (Read 15854 times)

CaliHusky

ConFuzzled Application (Events On Your Mobile)
« on: May 01, 2009, 14:59:32 »
Today, we're announcing for the first time, you can have ConFuzzled event listings on your mobile phone or PDA.

This fantastic program allows you to look through the events list and mark your favourites.

Once the convention starts you will also be able to see what events are currently running, which are about to start, where they are and which of your favourites are soon to start!

See < http://www.confuzzled.org.uk/content/en/Events+On+Your+Mobile >  for more info and please let us know your thoughts!
« Last Edit: May 01, 2009, 15:07:52 by CaliHusky »

Offline Pepsi

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Re: ConFuzzled Application (Events On Your Mobile)
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2009, 06:33:41 »
I have a Sony Ericsson w200i and tried it out on that. Everything works, except the Day's events screens. I don't know if it's my phone or not, but it looks something like this.
I can bite. I have rabies, but I can only do so much.

CaliHusky

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2009, 11:21:30 »
Unfortunately, we are aware of some problems with the java implementation on SE handsets. We are looking into it now, but we've found that changing your phone's theme does help :)

Offline Lazerus101

• Fursuit Event Team
  • CFz Crew
  • Cookie Maker
  • Bunny, Carouser and Fursuit Events Spod
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2009, 15:19:37 »
Currently wont even download to my C905

I get an invalid application error. Guess my phone is too new for it.

CaliHusky

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2009, 15:51:32 »
Actually, it's just Sony Ericsson's wonky java implimentation.

Offline Cosmo

• Dealers' Den Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2009, 19:51:34 »
Currently wont even download to my C905

I get an invalid application error. Guess my phone is too new for it.

I got the same message, but tried one of the '.jar' files and it worked. Also, regarding the problem with the day's events screen, I found that if you scroll down, the events appear as you hit them.

Offline Akinokaze

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • Doggystyler.
    • View Profile
    • My FA
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2009, 20:04:18 »
Managed to get it installed on my phone, though not sure if it's working right.

1) When you say faved events will show on the main page does that just refer to them gaining a heart icon on the event listing page for that day or something else? That's all I get.

2) I don't see all the text about an event name on the listing as it goes off the screen with no scroll option [but it's fine on the details page.]

3) The current time is acting strange, I had to set it to -5 hours to get it to match the time on my phone and even then it's wrong as for some reason it's running 7 minutes faster than my phone is.

===edit==

Ok... now it's 10 mins faster...
« Last Edit: May 05, 2009, 20:07:23 by Akinokaze »
If Homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in gay to work. �Hello. Can't work today, still gay.�
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." Martin Luther King Jr

Offline Dingotush

• SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • The real wolf's lair
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2009, 21:29:24 »
Managed to get it installed on my phone, though not sure if it's working right.

1) When you say faved events will show on the main page does that just refer to them gaining a heart icon on the event listing page for that day or something else? That's all I get.
They only appear on the appropriate day of the con - you won't see them yet (unless you bodge your phone's date).  Have a look at the user guide.

2) I don't see all the text about an event name on the listing as it goes off the screen with no scroll option [but it's fine on the details page.]
The event gets truncated to fit the width of your phone's display and whatever font it's using.  It's doing it's best to show as much as it can on one line.  And no, it doesn't scroll sideways.

3) The current time is acting strange, I had to set it to -5 hours to get it to match the time on my phone and even then it's wrong as for some reason it's running 7 minutes faster than my phone is.
===edit==
Ok... now it's 10 mins faster...
That I can't explain.  The app always asks the phone for the current time, and doesn't keep track of it itself.
Who was she kidding?  It was easy to be a vegetarian by day.  It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian by night that took the real effort. - Angua (Pterry)

Offline Akinokaze

• Doggystyler.
    • View Profile
    • My FA
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2009, 21:35:39 »
They only appear on the appropriate day of the con - you won't see them yet (unless you bodge your phone's date).  Have a look at the user guide.

The event gets truncated to fit the width of your phone's display and whatever font it's using.  It's doing it's best to show as much as it can on one line.  And no, it doesn't scroll sideways.

That I can't explain.  The app always asks the phone for the current time, and doesn't keep track of it itself.
Ah, thanks.

Ok.

Now it's 11-12 mins fast.... this is very strange.

It's a Samsung [not sure how to find the model number] on O2.
If Homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in gay to work. �Hello. Can't work today, still gay.�
"Human salvation lies in the hands of the creatively maladjusted." Martin Luther King Jr

Offline Akinokaze

• Doggystyler.
    • View Profile
    • My FA
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2009, 15:26:57 »
My phone glitched last night and restarted itself, from the welcome screen I'd guess it's a Samsung D500.

When it was back up I checked the app and had to change the hour to 0 to match the phone, but after 11 hours it's 2 mins ahead again. My guess is that whatever it's comparing it's time to is not the part of the clock the user sets [that doesn't run fast or slow] but rather some other part entirely that keeps running fast so that the longer the phone is left turned on, the further ahead it will get.

Or at least that's my best guess.... I mean, it was minutes ahead but hours behind before the crash *shrugs*

CaliHusky

« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2009, 16:00:32 »
Thanks for the debug info. You might get better luck trying the sony-ericsson version that's being worked on by Dingotush.

Regards,
Furble.

Offline Dingotush

• SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • The real wolf's lair
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2009, 16:52:45 »
When it was back up I checked the app and had to change the hour to 0 to match the phone, but after 11 hours it's 2 mins ahead again. My guess is that whatever it's comparing it's time to is not the part of the clock the user sets [that doesn't run fast or slow] but rather some other part entirely that keeps running fast so that the longer the phone is left turned on, the further ahead it will get.

Or at least that's my best guess.... I mean, it was minutes ahead but hours behind before the crash *shrugs*
An offset of zero is normal for a UK phone (that's not running Windows Mobile).

I'm fairly certain that this behaviour is something to do with your phone (or rather your model of phone).  The app we supply doesn't keep track of the current time.  Periodically it asks "What's the time Mr. Phone?", adds the time zone offset (constant) and displays it on the screen.  Once the con starts it also updates the now and next event list.  But it isn't storing or incrementing the time anywhere.

You may find the phone model printed on a label under the battery along with a bunch of other gobbledygook like the phones IMEI and such.
Who was she kidding?  It was easy to be a vegetarian by day.  It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian by night that took the real effort. - Angua (Pterry)

Offline Akinokaze

• Doggystyler.
    • View Profile
    • My FA
« Reply #12 on: May 07, 2009, 00:38:42 »

An offset of zero is normal for a UK phone (that's not running Windows Mobile).

I'm fairly certain that this behaviour is something to do with your phone (or rather your model of phone).  The app we supply doesn't keep track of the current time.  Periodically it asks "What's the time Mr. Phone?", adds the time zone offset (constant) and displays it on the screen.  Once the con starts it also updates the now and next event list.  But it isn't storing or incrementing the time anywhere.

You may find the phone model printed on a label under the battery along with a bunch of other gobbledygook like the phones IMEI and such.
Samsung SGH-D500

I really don't get this at all, whatever part of the phone it's talking to is clearly messed up. It was 6 mins fast just now, then I turned off and checked the model and now I've turned it back on it's actually 1 min slow [00:33 instead of 00:34.]

===edit===

In the time taken to type this it's reached 1 min fast status.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2009, 00:40:18 by Akinokaze »

Offline LevLion

• Stage & A/V Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • My FA Account
« Reply #13 on: May 07, 2009, 09:04:13 »
Maybe when its checking theres some redundant figuar its acumalating and thus the longer its left the higher this figuar gets. Its a really strange one this, but then some models of phone to really strange things I think it was a samsung some years ago that had the clever feature when you turned it off it stopped the clock so it was always wrong unless you perminantly kepts the phone on.
I for one welcome our Muppet overloards.

Offline Dingotush

• SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • The real wolf's lair
« Reply #14 on: May 08, 2009, 19:42:28 »
I have a Sony Ericsson w200i and tried it out on that. Everything works, except the Day's events screens. I don't know if it's my phone or not, but it looks something like this.
That's been a common experience with Sony Ericsson phones.

We now have a Sony Ericsson version that should eliminate most of the problems at the expense of have icons next to the events.