Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10
Discussion / Re: ID Issues
« Last post by Renji_Seraph on May 19, 2016, 11:02:11 »
Sadly it is not as i simply cant get to my passport office as i am covering a work colleague so i can have next week off
Discussion / Re: ID Issues
« Last post by SFW on May 18, 2016, 22:27:32 »
You can apply for an urgent passport replacement, details are here:

https://www.gov.uk/get-a-passport-urgently/1-day-or-1-week-service

Hope that is of use to you!
Discussion / ID Issues
« Last post by Renji_Seraph on May 18, 2016, 20:34:48 »
So i stupidly lost my Passport so had to apply for a citizen card took it to my local GP turns out they dont fill in those forms anymore neither do Banks my onyl other hope is to rip the house apart trying to find the blasted thing otherwise no Con for me

I'm afraid as SFW points out, avoiding customs duty isn't something we can support I'm afraid, so I'll have to lock this topic.
Events / Re: The Weakest Lynx -or- Unifursity Challenge
« Last post by TheMariday on May 16, 2016, 17:52:51 »
I LOVE this idea!

I think events are closed for this year now :(

If you want to do it off the cuff i'd love to tag along or perhaps help set it up for next year?

You could add Leopardy! and Who Wants To Be A Gideon Mare? XD
Off-Topic / Re: Looking for someone travelling from USA to UK for Confuzzled
« Last post by SFW on May 15, 2016, 21:04:33 »
Just for information for you trying to evade duty on imports is a bit of a no no and Customs don't tend to like it at all.
Off-Topic / Looking for someone travelling from USA to UK for Confuzzled
« Last post by Clawzskunk on May 15, 2016, 12:52:48 »
Hey all,

I was wondering whether there might be someone out there that is willing to help me bring a suitcase over to the UK? I know that it's an odd request but the suitcase I am looking for is not sold in the UK >.> and despite several attempts, I'm not willing to pay £200 import duty XD

If anyone is willing to help could you please let me know? I'd be happy for you to use the suitcase on the way over too.

- Clawz Skunk
Discussion / Re: Getting to confuzzled
« Last post by slothpuck on May 15, 2016, 12:47:12 »
Well by hook or by crook I'll find the way. It does indeed sound possible to walk the short distance though maybe my instructions I posted originally are still ok? Not sure. But will give your route a try as well! I get there btw on the thursday at around 5.35pm.

>t's worth noting that both Megabus .....

The megabus man *still* looks a bit like Dara o briain :-) :-) !!

SP
Discussion / Re: Getting to confuzzled
« Last post by SouthPaw on May 11, 2016, 05:23:10 »
It's worth noting that both Megabus and National Express serve Birmingham Airport, whilst the Hilton shuttle serves Birmingham International railway station.

Assuming you arrive at a sensible time, the best route is as follows:
  • Enter the Terminal building at the Departures end (where all the bus stops are, opposite the Novotel)
  • Head up the escalators or in the lift to the First Floor
  • Take the (free) Air-Rail Link (access between Burger King and Frankie & Benny's) to Birmingham International railway station
  • Walk straight ahead and into the railway station concourse area
  • At this point you can either use the (free) Hotel shuttle, for which there's a call point near Subway, or walk through the NEC and around the lake to the rear entrance of the Hotel
It's worth noting that the Hotel shuttle only runs every 30 minutes or so due to the local road layout. Whilst the hotel and station are only 400 metres (around quarter of a mile) apart as the crow flies, the vehicle route is just shy of 2.5 miles! As such, you may find it's quicker to walk most of the time, and there will likely be other furs around to accompany you.
Introduce Yourself / Re: Greetings!
« Last post by SFW on May 10, 2016, 17:50:15 »
Greetings and welcome aboard to the convention and forums here :)
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 10