Recent Posts

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10
Discussion / Re: Getting to confuzzled
« Last post by SFW on May 10, 2016, 17:49:41 »
If you're coming from the airport the hotel runs a shuttle service to the hotel. Details can be found on the travel page http://2016.confuzzled.org.uk/venue/travel/ This is run by the hotel and not the convention.
Discussion / Getting to confuzzled
« Last post by slothpuck on May 10, 2016, 17:24:57 »
Hi all!

Just wondered if anyone has tried this at all (I have never been to birmingham before) with regards to getting from the airport (birmingham airport) to the hotel. I came up with the following directions which apparently can be done on foot;

- Head NE towards Trident Rd
- Turn right onto Concorde Rd
- At the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Vanguard Rd
- Turn right towards Bickenhill Ln/B4438
- Turn left onto Bickenhill Ln/B4438
- At the roundabout take the 2nd exit onto Morris way
- Turn left onto Exhibition way
- Turn left onto Perimeter Rd
- At the roundabout take 1st exit; stay on Perimeter Rd
- Slight right to stay on Perimeter Rd
- At the roundabout take 1st exit onto Harbet Dr
- Hilton Birmingham Metropople

Unfortunatly I do not know the area, so I can't even guarantee that this can be done on foot not coming from the area. Is this possible or is there an alternative?

(BTW I am not flying in I'm coming in via national express coach I just figured an airport would make more sense as a startpoint as it would have more routes leaving the airport to different locations).

ljones
Introduce Yourself / Salutations and whassup!
« Last post by TheMariday on May 10, 2016, 14:07:02 »
Hey everyone, thought I'd introduce myself.

This is going to be my first convention and I'm super excited!

I want to do something for the Variety Show but don't know what so I thought I would ask you wonderful furs if you had something in mind or needed an extra pair of paws for your act!
I love to perform and will throw my hand to just about anything you can think up!

Anywhos can't wait to see you all!

TM

P.S. I don't have a fursuit but I'll be the one with the glowey paws :3
Introduce Yourself / Re: Hello!
« Last post by FlapWing on May 09, 2016, 21:34:46 »
http://2016.confuzzled.org.uk/attending/events/events-schedule/

Enjoy your time ;)

P.S. It will be my first con as well :P
Off-Topic / Re: Bugger
« Last post by SFW on May 09, 2016, 18:39:30 »
If you've already booked them and gotten the tickets you might be able to go into a staffed station to see if they can amend them. I know when it says non refundable or changeable, but often you can actually get things done on them if you explain it.
Discussion / Re: Is it allowed to share a suit?
« Last post by SFW on May 09, 2016, 18:37:58 »
So long as they have their own con badge with them it's really up to you who you decide to loan a suit to.
Discussion / Re: Is it allowed to share a suit?
« Last post by DiamondDragon on May 09, 2016, 08:46:41 »
I don't think it's as much an issue of 'is it allowed' as much as it is 'Will you allow it'. There are already others who share their suits and somewhere on the confuzzled website I can remember it saying that it doesn't have to be the same person wearing the suit every time, when giving advice as to what you can and can not do with and around suit(er)s.

Fursuits are the properties of people, not the convention. If something happens to it, whether you are wearing it or not, it's all down to you. When in doubt, ask staff.
Discussion / Is it allowed to share a suit?
« Last post by MorbiusMonster on May 08, 2016, 15:16:50 »
Because my fursuit doesn't get out nearly enough, I'm looking to get a potential stunt double to wear the suit when I'm in various events or in the early hours of the morning. I wasn't too sure if this is allowed. Is anyone able to clarify this?
Discussion / Re: When to pickup room keys?
« Last post by MorbiusMonster on May 07, 2016, 22:01:56 »
Check in is about 2pm, so I reckon you can collect your key at any time.
Off-Topic / Bugger
« Last post by irondehavilland on May 07, 2016, 21:47:12 »
Long story short? I expected to be at the whole of the con.

Work didn't like that, so, expecting to be returning on the Sunday, I bought train tickets.

Except I ballsed it up and bought tickets for Saturday. Fuck.

They're non-refundable, and probably supposedly non-transferrable.

But if anyone fancies a trip to Aberdeen from Birmingham New Street on 28/5/16, well, gies a shout - they're yours for a slightly above nominal fee ;D
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10