Author Topic: london furs  (Read 9608 times)

huskeywolf

london furs
« on: April 13, 2010, 16:20:34 »
i need help. trying to get in touch with the london furs. email wont work and i think access to forum is blocked , i want to find out more about the meet and the code of conduct. also is it ok to just turn up. do not have a computer of my own, only access at public libray,  please help me . there must be a london fur member on here somewhere,. i give permission for my email address to be given so i can be contacted,    thanx in advance......

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
Re: london furs
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2010, 16:27:39 »
If you want to access the London Furs forum, you will need to first register for the UKFur forums, which you can do at http://forum.ukfur.org/index.php?act=Reg&CODE=00

Once registered with UKFur, you can access the London Furs forum at http://forum.ukfur.org/index.php?showforum=21

I'm not on the staff for the London Furs, but so far as I'm aware, all are welcome to turn up to the meets - more information can be found using the links above.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

huskeywolf

« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2010, 16:35:59 »
yeah i think they allow swearing so if this is true ill be blocked from acces. this lot r very strict on what you can access

Offline Kyyanno

• Convention Logistics
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2010, 07:59:52 »
yeah i think they allow swearing so if this is true ill be blocked from acces. this lot r very strict on what you can access

Have you actually signed up to the UKFur forums? I think that's probably where you should be looking for info and other random topics (much like the ones you're leaving everywhere here).

http://forum.ukfur.org/

huskeywolf

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2010, 12:34:51 »
yes ive tried to join. but after trying 6 times the computer would not accepct the vertification code. the libray where im at.[DONT OWN A COMPUTER] IS VERY STRICT ON ACCESS.  a lot of sites inc you tube are banned, even aspects of this fandom are banned.   ill try again

in the mean time sorry for putting messages in the wrong section. will try to stick to the right pages.

just a final note.even the email would not work. will try the meets @. kind reguads . huskey wolf /thanx :) :)

Offline Codewolf

• CFz Senior Security
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2010, 16:50:30 »
Hey Huskeywolf, i'm a regular LF attendee, what is it you wanted to know??
heres a quick few pointers:
http://www.londonfurs.org
next meet is this saturday (24th) from 12pm - 7pm at 'Jamies Bar' (Fleet Place/Holbourn Viaduct - nearest tube St Pauls -> take right hand exit then turn left and keep walking)
it is perfectly ok just to turn up
LondonFur Meets: Terms, Conditions and Code of Conduct
aka "The Exasperated Organisers' Guide to Common Sense, First Edition"

Londonfur meets are essentially a private party in a private venue, but open to all furries and their guests, not the general public. Whilst we wish these events to be 'managed' as loosely as possible, a few rules and regulations are required in order to safeguard the future of the events, the safety of the attendees, the reputations of all concerned and to satisfy all relevant legal obligations. Hopefully they should all be common sense.

There will be no-one on the door, no bag searches or personal pat-downs. You are being trusted to abide by the rules. Should people be found to be breaking the rules, expect to be reprimanded. A 'three strikes and you're out' policy shall be enforced, except for extreme circumstances (assault, sexual abuse, use of drugs etc) where an instant ban shall be enforced.

Entering the Londonfur's venue shall be taken as you giving your agreement to abide by all the requirements set out here, and to follow the guidance meted out by nominated staff members, either LondonFur staff or bar staff.

In all cases, the following shall apply:

1. No-one under the age of sixteen shall be permitted to enter the venue or the outside seating area.
       2. No-one under the age of eighteen is to consume alcohol, and no-one is to knowingly purchase alcohol for someone under the age of eighteen.
       3. Alcohol not purchased on the premises is not to be consumed on the premises. General food and soft drinks not purchased on the premises are not to be consumed on the premises, though exclusions are possible (bottled water for fursuiters, home baked cake products) with prior approval from the bar staff.
       4. Alcohol to be consumed in moderation — please do not get yourselves into a position where you are going to become a liability to yourself or others. Just know your limits.
       5. The possession, use or sale of illicit substances is expressly forbidden. Offenders can expect the police to be notified.
       6. Attendees of the meets are expected to behave in a manner conducive to that of a public place. Please do not partake in anything that could be reasonably construed as an affront to public decency or in contravention to the Public Order Act. If you want more information as to what this entails exactly then please contact a member of the meet staff. Common sense here is paramount.
       7. Remember that your personal preferences and fetishes may offend those who do not share them. Collars may be worn discreetly. Leashes, bondage and BDSM clothing may not.
       8. Do not bring weapons, or items that could reasonably be construed as a weapon, onto the premises.

In addition to the above you are to adhere to all relevant legal regulations, venue rules, and the requests of the bar staff.

How the "Three Strikes" Policy works:

* First strike — verbal warning
        * Second strike — final verbal warning and 'name 'n' shame'
        * Third strike — ban.

Ban lengths will be determined by staff dependent on the frequency and severity of the problem. The likes of abuse of drugs or other serious offences are likely to result in an instant permanent ban.

We hope that everyone attending the meets has a good time and enjoys themselves. However, if someone's behaviour is upsetting or offending you then please make this known to said person. If they do not cease and desist, make the issue known immediately to a member of staff, who will deal with it.

Alternatively, speak to a staff member initially if you would prefer to. Waiting until a time after the event makes it much more difficult for the staff to address the issue adequately. Please make yourself known at the time of the issue arising.

The staff are:

* Agrajag
        * Bariki
        * Branded Bunni
        * Lupus Londonwolf
        * Miles
        * Miyabi

You can find out more about the committee here.

They're also contactable using the email address meets@londonfurs.org.uk

Fursuiter & Furwalk Code of Conduct

All Fursuit Walkers
    You are in public even more than usual. You are de-facto ambassadors for Londonfurs, the public face of the community. You actions and conduct on a furwalk is even more important than your conduct in the meet venue. You will be what the public remember – make damn sure it’s a good memory.

Fursuiter

* No ‘anatomically correct’ or ‘modified’ fursuits (in the reproductive department before anyone gets smart) are welcome at the meets unless said modifications are able to be hidden under clothing to an extent that makes them invisible – i.e. tight shorts with big bulges are not acceptable.
        * No overt bondage equipment is to be worn or used by fursuiters in either the venue or on a walk – collars and leashes are acceptable (within reason – if you don’t know what that means then PM an organiser) but anything else, like harnesses/ball gags/ hand cuffs etc are not
        * Fursuiters must have at least a publically acceptable level of personal hygiene. Please make sure you, and your suit, are clean – fursuiting is a sweaty business especially in summer and we do not want the venue smelling like death
        * The organisers will know as to if/when a fursuit walk will be commencing. It is up to you as a fursuiter to determine when this is by asking them and to ensure you are suited in time – we are not your mum.
        * If you need a handler then arrange one – you are your own responsibility no-one else will do it for you
        * If you need water on a walk then arrange it – no-one else will do it for you and you are your own responsibility
        * You are responsible for your own safety, including returning to the venue and for keeping up with the walk. If you are incapable of doing this yourself then it is up to you to make prior arrangements
        * YOU ARE IN PUBLIC. DO NOT ACT IN A WAY THAT COULD BRING LONDONFURS INTO DISREPUTE
        * DO NOT ACT IN PUBLIC WITH ANYONE IN A WAY THAT COULD BE CONSTRUED AS SEXUAL. THIS INCLUDES FURPILES IN PUBLIC, GROPING AND GRINDING.

If in doubt imagine not being in suit and doing it and decide whether it contravenes the Public Order Act.

Non-Fursuiters on Fursuit Walk

* Be aware you’re walking with people with limited senses when in suit. Do not push past them in narrow areas when rushing through the crowd to catch up with your friend group as they won’t be expecting it. Be considerate. Just be aware that a suiter probably won’t know you’re about to do something so try not to surprise them – push/pull/jump on etc.
        * You are even more public than the suiters. The public will always remember the funny side of animal costumes but they won’t when it comes to large groups of loud people.
        * Keep the running about, screaming, shouting, swearing and general lairy behaviour to a minimum. You’re not a football crowd.
        * Do not interact with fursuiters in any way that could possibly be construed as sexual. Hugging and such are ok but fondling, groping and other such actions really aren’t.

Ask yourself the question “Would this be acceptable if one/both/all of us weren’t in suit” If the answer could be no then do not do it. Do not do anything that could damage the reputation of the community otherwise you’ll find us unwelcome in the area that’s currently our home.

Artist and Artists' Corner Code of Conduct

At the moment it is only one point long and to be honest I'm really surprised that this has been going on.

1. All artwork of an adult nature (yiff, anatomically correct nudes, vore etc) if brought to a meet must be kept in a folder and not displayed on tables for all to see.

Meets contain attendees under the age of eighteen, as well as non-furry barstaff, who should not be viewing this material, not-to-mention others who do not wish to see this material.

If you want clarification as to what constitutes adult art then contact one of the organisers. This is by no means a ban on people bringing adult art, just a ban on its public display. However, please refrain from drawing anything in public which falls into the adult bracket - a Londonfur meet really isn't the place for it.

The Exasperated Organisers' Guide to Common Sense, Abridged First Edition

* Please behave responsibly
    * Use common sense
    * Have fun!

huskeywolf

« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2010, 15:52:52 »
hi codewolf. thank you very much for this infomation. it s helped me a lot.

i hope there is a fursuit walk on saturday, ive already booked my ticket. and am arriving by coach. i expect to be met
by a fur as its my first ever time out on my own, im  a  very scared and frightened fur,

can you get a fur suiter to hold my hand on the walk in case i get lost,,,,,,    he he he he he!

hope to see ya on sat, huskey. : ;D ;D ;D ;D 8)

Offline Codewolf

• CFz Senior Security
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2010, 16:09:19 »
haha i aint hard to miss dude...look for the bloke that seems to be gravitating towards doors...thats generally me :P
or listen out for a motorbike approaching....:P

huskeywolf

« Reply #8 on: April 26, 2010, 17:17:00 »
yeah meet went ok. fursuit walk was cool.  i think i was on me best behavior, he he

one problem however,,,SHYNESS, wish i was more  outgoing. well i did sort of chat to a few, cheers. ;)

huskeywolf

« Reply #9 on: June 06, 2010, 11:18:23 »
re the london furs party,
any one going from the northern furs or con fuzz staff, i think shep is going,
it will be cool  to meet some of you.

need to find a load shirt. i know. ill dress all in black he he.

am really looking foward to this, however still avery nervous and shy fur. :)

huskeywolf

« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2010, 12:39:41 »
what happened 2 all you lot at the party, was looking 4ward 2 meting some of u? ??? ???