Author Topic: Art Show setup questions  (Read 2071 times)

Offline DJ Pirtu

• Cookie Maker
  • I'm just crazy. What's your excuse?
    • View Profile
    • DA gallery
Art Show setup questions
« on: April 23, 2010, 10:18:22 »
A few things I would like to know about the artshow setup beforehand, so that I know how to prepare my artwork.

Will there be hooks? Can I hang canvases there somehow?
Can I hang stuff over a table? I'm going to bring a couple of painted burr puzzles (on a key chain) there and it would be cool if I could have one on the table for people to attempt to solve and another one above it as a solved example.

Offline RizzoRattie

• Venue Manager/Head of Fursuit Relations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • Rat face!
    • View Profile
    • www.colifox.com
Re: Art Show setup questions
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2010, 23:31:50 »
Hi DJ Pirtu,

could I suggest that you point your request regarding the dealers den set up to:  dealersdenandart@confuzzled.org.uk

I do believe that there are hooks for the display wall, but could not tell you confidently myself.  Cosmo will be more than happy to reply to your email.

Thanks,

Rizzorat
Forgive me for not jumping for joy, bad back you know ~ Scar; The Lion King

Offline DJ Pirtu

• Cookie Maker
  • I'm just crazy. What's your excuse?
    • View Profile
    • DA gallery
Re: Art Show setup questions
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 10:53:08 »
Here's the response I got, in case people are interested.

Quote from: Cosmo
There will be hooks in the art show, as well as a limited number of shelves. We will also have a very limited number of easels which you can also use to hang canvasses.

As it stands, we can not hang things off the wall of the hotel, because they don't want the walls damaged. However, we will have at least one table up against an art show panel, so it should be possible for you to hang the solved puzzle off the panel, if this is ok with you