Author Topic: Not another Halo 3 thread  (Read 6164 times)

SerFox

Not another Halo 3 thread
« on: October 01, 2007, 11:36:36 »

Broken Splinter

Re: Not another Halo 3 thread
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 17:17:00 »
Because PC suck they crash most of the time even when your doing everything right.

Console are stress free and I don't have to run out and by ram every 6 months.

SerFox

« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 19:57:50 »

Broken Splinter

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2007, 00:53:35 »
5 years I'll thank you very much

Offline The Dark Knight

• Head Of Convention Operations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • "MOVE!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2007, 09:51:08 »
PC's only crash if you don't look after them. And I have to agree with SerFox that HL2 looks better than Halo 3 does (on the right hardware, mind).

Let's not forgot the XBox 360's famous "Ring of Death" that people have been getting, and that was just through normal use. Sure it wasn't a crash but it did leave the console completely unusable until it's been repaired.

The problem with PCs are that they are high maintenance; they're kinda like cars in that respect as you need to keep your eye on the vitals and perform periodic checks.

Either way you look at it PCs and Consoles are two different kettles of fish. PCs are tools that run games, where as Consoles are purely for games but with slight PC like abilities.

Having said that, the 360 is a pretty meaty console and in my opinion will in the long run end up winning the 360/PS3 "war".

Holley

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2007, 10:23:01 »
Every 5 years?!  I got a launch day XBox 1, with only light use I'm on my 3rd (bought new) one.  Darned if I'm going to buy a 360 though - I want a Wii ;D

Offline LeighUK

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • It dont matter if your black or white, but both!
    • View Profile
    • Leighs kigurumi delight
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 12:09:31 »
got a Wii and a 360 (Wii a few days after launch date, 360 for a month now pre-owned).  I aint much of a PC gamer, and never really got into Half life 2, and although I have Halo 3, I wouldnt say it deserved the hype it got.  Now smash bros brawl, theres a game I want..

Offline Exiled Wolf

• Media Relations & Security
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Woof Bark Grrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2007, 01:47:28 »
The whole console vs. PC thing is a personal thing. I can tweak my current hardware to get the best out of games, so I'll admit when I have the choice of platform, I'll normally go for PC, although lately I have picked console ore because my set-up is getting older every day, and it takes less tweaking to get something to run on a console.

As for Halo 3, I will get it eventually, probably when it's in a bargain bin or such like, as right now I'm still playing ES4: Oblivion on PC and a selection of other games on PC and console.

Holley

« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2007, 09:47:32 »
The whole console vs. PC thing is a personal thing.
I agree 100% - you can't play Live For Speed on a console, you can't get a bunch of drunken friends around a PC for a laugh ...