Author Topic: Hello I don't know where to start  (Read 5551 times)

Offline Lonestar

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
Hello I don't know where to start
« on: June 12, 2012, 21:25:17 »
 :-[  ???
Hi I don't know if this too early or not but I'am saving up for next years con and well 'sighs' well lets start from the top. I don't know where to start as I'am 17 now but I will be 18 at the time of the con and I don't know why but does anyone know if the Citizens ID card can be used to prove my identification when I apply to pay fur my space at next con, and can anyone give me any advice about Confuzzled as this will be my first time going to a fur con and I will be quite scared on my own so if anyone can give me any advice I will be grateful fur any. Thank you fur reading this if you have and if any furs can give me any advice can you please either comment on the subject or send me an email at carlspencer6186@live.co.uk
FFE :)
LSTAR WOLF

Offline Ragear

• Cookie Maker
  • *streeetch*
    • View Profile
Re: Hello I don't know where to start
« Reply #1 on: June 12, 2012, 21:38:49 »
Jesus on a bicycle, you're talking a mile a minute. ok, here's the first, and mainly only advice

DON'T PANIC

ok, now that's been settled: no one's gonna eat you (at least if you don't look very tasty and come in a gravy suit). Relax. Try to find someone near you whom you could meet, maybe a regular meet. Be open. Try to contact on IRC. Over at the Anthrocon site there's a tutorial for firsttimers. Don't get drunk too early. The rest will come ...

Ragear
constantly underhugged, please halp

Offline Washu

• ConOps Deputy & GOH Liaison
  • CFz Staff
  • Omg, I post a lot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 21:42:10 »
Hello Lonestar,

Firstly welcome to the ConFuzzled forum.

Now to answer your questions in order:

1. http://www.confuzzled.org.uk/premiere/attending/faqs/ - The Citzein's card is acceptable as ID so long as you are 18 at the first day of the convention. So long as you are this is fine.

2. We hold a panel each year called "How to get the most out of your first convention" this is hosted by Chairman Matt Lion and normally Kage or another long term fur within our staff or another convention. In the event you'll get tips on how to enjoy the convention, do's and don'ts and hopefully come away feeling much more relaxed.

I'd also suggest hanging out on the fourm and getting to know the locals, they are all great people who've all no doubt gone from being shy to the people they are now.

If you want to ask anything please do!
The next train to arrive is the 13:40 train to Hull, which is a pity as this is Tesco's.

Offline Lonestar

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 21:49:21 »
Thank you for responding and sorry fur asking sooo many questions, I will have a look around and try to make some friends :) thanks fur the advice and I wont come in a gravy suit :) as that is not what I want to be eaten by loads of furries or do I?  ;D
LSTAR WOLF

Offline aurora

• I'm on here as much as I can!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 01:23:34 »
can anyone give me any advice about Confuzzled as this will be my first time going to a fur con and I will be quite scared on my own

Don't worry, it was my first time to attend a con this year and on my own, it was also the first time I had fursuited, although there were more than 700 attendees it didn't seem that many. Apart from the registration the events are not compulsory so if you feel uncomfortable or not interested in attending a particular event, then you can opt out.

It's a great hotel with good food and friendly staff, you will meet lots of people from around the world and Confuzzled staff are always available should you need any help or advice.

You will have a good time believe me, and the memories of attending your first con.  :)

« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 07:25:07 by aurora »

Offline Rwylin

• CFz Senior Security
  • SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 10:28:39 »
It was my first con this year to and i had a BLAST.......   just relax, be yourself and if you dont feel right just opt out and go relax by the lake......... or the pool.
if you want to know ppl before the con everyone here is very friendly..... and im sure most wont mind you adding them on skype, msn ect.......
Mew =^_^=.

Offline SFW

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I have a cunning plan.
    • View Profile
    • silverfoxwolf.com
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2012, 17:13:18 »
Another cunning plan to see what happens at conventions is to go onto Youtube and search for any of the Confuzzled's to get an idea of what goes on.
Warning: Do not expose to shiny things.

Offline Lonestar

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 13, 2012, 17:22:39 »
Thanks for the advice I've had a look at some videos about confuzzled and other cons and they look friendly :) thanks for the advice hopefully I'll see you next year
LSTAR WOLF

Offline RaithSphere

• CFz Senior Security
  • Cookie Maker
    • View Profile
    • RaithSphere.com
« Reply #8 on: June 21, 2012, 11:06:15 »
You should find it good fun, i always say go to the "How to get the most out of your con" panel which is one of the first that is held :) when you come along next year

Offline Lonestar

• Cookie Eater
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 24, 2012, 22:41:14 »
Thanks dont worry now ive fount some furs to go with to CF from this actual post it was a good thing that i posted this :) ill see you all next year at CF
LSTAR WOLF