Author Topic: Fursuit!  (Read 9255 times)

Regandor

Fursuit!
« on: December 02, 2007, 21:53:06 »
Me want a fursuit!
I've been looking everywhere for a good fursuit, and tryed to contact lots of fursuit-makers to see if they could make an aggreement with me so i could affort the suit. a partial paymenth or something.
But none have answered yet.
So,  found out I'll try to make my own suit.
I've been around, looking for materials everywhere, but could only find materials to make a tiger suit. :S
So, I'm forced to make a tigersuit. even tho i'm a raccat (raccoon and cat).
But, it's better than no suit at all. ^^

I've got a few pics of how far I've got so far.

As you can see, the head is just a mask.
I stole the materials from a rug. :P
So, the head looks kinda weird when i use it.
The eyes is made from some old sunglasses i had. But, the biggest problem with the mask is that the eyes get all foggy, and it's hard to breathe in there.
Anyone got any ideas. I think I'll cut a little hole on the sides of the eyes. To see if it prevents fog, and maby better air inside.

The inside of the head

The paws.
As you can see, I'm not done with the left one, and i still need to fix them both a little. They feel good tho. ^^

Feel free to comment.
And any of you got any fursuit tips or know someone who can make me a fursuit, cheap before confuzzled?

Offline Exiled Wolf

• Media Relations & Security
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Woof Bark Grrr
    • View Profile
Re: Fursuit!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2007, 22:29:21 »
I'm impressed with what you've done so far. The head looks fantastic.

As for the poor ventilation, that's the downside to fursuiting *giggles*.

The lens fogging, couple of ways you can get around it I can think of, although not all are guaranteed to work. First is use a fine mesh for the eyes. Usually that's done on the toony-style heads, but I'm sure with enough time and effort you could get a good representation of a realistic tigers eye done, especially looking at what you've done so far.

I'd say the small hole by the eye is an idea. it won't give a massive amount of ventilation though, so you may still end up with fogging.

Finally, a fan in the head to keep the air flowing could work, although you'd need to be bringing fresh air in from somewhere, otherwise you'd just be moving the hot air around inside and not solving the fogging problem.

Unfortunately, my knowledge on fursuit construction doesn't amount to much, and I couldn't say who'd be able to do a suit before ConFuzzled either, let alone cheaply. My advice: keep working on that tiger, it's looking real good  :)

Regandor

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 02:56:49 »
I'm impressed with what you've done so far. The head looks fantastic.

As for the poor ventilation, that's the downside to fursuiting *giggles*.

The lens fogging, couple of ways you can get around it I can think of, although not all are guaranteed to work. First is use a fine mesh for the eyes. Usually that's done on the toony-style heads, but I'm sure with enough time and effort you could get a good representation of a realistic tigers eye done, especially looking at what you've done so far.

I'd say the small hole by the eye is an idea. it won't give a massive amount of ventilation though, so you may still end up with fogging.

Finally, a fan in the head to keep the air flowing could work, although you'd need to be bringing fresh air in from somewhere, otherwise you'd just be moving the hot air around inside and not solving the fogging problem.

Unfortunately, my knowledge on fursuit construction doesn't amount to much, and I couldn't say who'd be able to do a suit before ConFuzzled either, let alone cheaply. My advice: keep working on that tiger, it's looking real good  :)

Ah. thx alot. ^^
I'll try to find a small fan somewhere.

Offline Dingotush

• SuperFuzz!
    • View Profile
    • The real wolf's lair
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 08:55:32 »
The eyes is made from some old sunglasses i had. But, the biggest problem with the mask is that the eyes get all foggy, and it's hard to breathe in there.
Anyone got any ideas. I think I'll cut a little hole on the sides of the eyes. To see if it prevents fog, and maybe better air inside.
I'd suggest getting as much ventilation as possible in there; fursuiting is quite strenuous activity once you start to perform, and you'll need a free supply of air.  Air flow is the important thing, and that means space for the air to move around as well as holes for it to go in and out.  I'd suggest adding holes in the nostrils, and a slit around the mouth, plus removing material from the inside of the mask where possible to allow the air to flow around your face.  As it looks like only the front of the head is a cast you might want to consider making space for air to flow to the rear via the cheeks too.

Who was she kidding?  It was easy to be a vegetarian by day.  It was preventing yourself from becoming a humanitarian by night that took the real effort. - Angua (Pterry)

Regandor

« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 11:41:16 »
Anyone got any ideas. I think I'll cut a little hole on the sides of the eyes. To see if it prevents fog, and maybe better air inside.
I'd suggest getting as much ventilation as possible in there; fursuiting is quite strenuous activity once you start to perform, and you'll need a free supply of air.  Air flow is the important thing, and that means space for the air to move around as well as holes for it to go in and out.  I'd suggest adding holes in the nostrils, and a slit around the mouth, plus removing material from the inside of the mask where possible to allow the air to flow around your face.  As it looks like only the front of the head is a cast you might want to consider making space for air to flow to the rear via the cheeks too.

I'll add some more on the mask after work. ^^
thx :3

Broken Splinter

« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 19:27:44 »
God I've not got anything pretty much.

Crapping myself I need help!!!

*Cub eyes*

Regandor

« Reply #6 on: December 04, 2007, 21:40:02 »

*Cub eyes*

Aww.
I'm sure you'll find some stuff to make one.
I would suggest you try ebay. it's supposed to be some fursuit stuff there. ^^

Regandor

« Reply #7 on: December 12, 2007, 13:41:42 »
sry for doubleposting. JUst want to give it a little Bump as i post new stoff. so you can see i've been here. :P

I have 1 problem left with my mask.
As you can see, the fur i glued to the back of my mask don't look good on it.
DO you think i should add some long hair?
Any suggestions?  ^^

« Last Edit: December 12, 2007, 13:43:20 by Regandor »

Offline LeighUK

• Omg, I post a lot!
  • It dont matter if your black or white, but both!
    • View Profile
    • Leighs kigurumi delight
« Reply #8 on: December 12, 2007, 15:22:17 »

*Cub eyes*

Try Furbid, there could be some there for sale :p  I know Ive been seeing a purple lion partial on there for some time