ConFuzzled Forums > Feedback

Nightclub last admittance policy

<< < (5/5)

Dhary Montecore:

--- Quote from: Pizza on May 31, 2014, 21:00:39 ---I've seen people talking about how several members of security showed up to small events like suspected smoking in rooms, also an attendee being threatened to have their camera taken from them for taking photos near the pool without really realising. Like I said I was in fursuit and trying to have fun so didn't run and grab a piece of paper to jot names down. I understand that you can't investigate further without names but like I said, I thought it was worth mentioning that some members of security were lacking in social skills and could have worded things a little better at times is all. Especially with the misunderstanding of the nightclub admittance policy. If it was actually written on some paper on the door it would have been much easier to point it out or read it to a suiter asking why they can't be let back in rather than replying with "we've been told we can't let people in"

I am really thankful for security though, and I know they have a very difficult job at the convention keeping everything running and everyone safe.

--- End quote ---

I will try and address appropriate behaviour among my team more in depth from now on. Thank you for your feedback, we will act accordingly. :)

Kyyanno:
Re: the 15 minute rule;

Why do we even have this rule? We've never done it before, so why now? O.o?

Dhary Montecore:

--- Quote from: Kyyanno on June 02, 2014, 21:19:49 ---Re: the 15 minute rule;

Why do we even have this rule? We've never done it before, so why now? O.o?

--- End quote ---

Because the security team has been instructed to do so. This rule will be dropped next year, we can stop ranting about it now. ;)

Mooie:

--- Quote from: Pizza on May 31, 2014, 18:07:28 ---I found security this year to be very over the top with a lot of things especially the admittance and restriction policies. It was intimidating sometimes and maybe they could have worded things better. There is a big difference between. "I'm really sorry, if you leave you cannot go back in as we have an admittance policy, you can see it written here on the door of the nightclub" and "You're not coming back in please step away from the doors"

--- End quote ---

I was one from the security who was stationed at the last dance, who also found this policy to be a bit odd, but since none of us standing there at the time, didn't get an update on the policy, we felt we had to start enforce it.

If I ever expressed myself in a bad way, like stated, I'm honestly really sorry for this.  I cannot remember saying anything like it, but considering there for a moment ended up being quite a big group of people outside the entrance to the night club, who clearly wasn't happy about the policy, I had to answer a number of them at the same time, which all-in-all made the situation momentarily tense.

As the dance continued, after the set deadline, we got updated to allow people in, which we then did.  We are of course sorry that this have upset previously turned away people, who then saw others entering the night club.  This will, from what I know, not happen again.

Also, the policy stated that no new admittance was to be 15 minutes prior to the end, but with quite a number of people coming and going, it was unfeasible to distinguish between those who've been in before and those who haven't.  Also, who was only out for a cool-down and who was coming back after an hour?  But, as mentioned, this will not happen again.

Once again - if I ever expressed myself in a way which was either intimidating, threatening or in an otherwise not desired way, I deeply apologies for this.  Regardless if I did or not, I will take this feedback to me and further make sure I express myself in a respectful manner.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version