ConFuzzled Forums > Feedback

Nightclub last admittance policy

(1/5) > >>

Bezel:
A quick question - why is there a nightclub rule that the last admittance is 15 minutes before closing ?

Surely, if someone goes in 30 seconds before the end of the last set, that's their problem ?

It didn't normally cause Security an issue until the last night. As the club was supposed to be closing at 02:00, security duly stopped people going in at around 01:45. However, BBF overran, and the club ended going on somewhat later until the hotel requested it was shut down. This meant that after 02:00, we had annoyed people at the door wondering why the club was still going, and why they couldn't go in.

There may be a great reason for this rule, but it often gets people annoyed (expecially those in suit who may not know the time). I just wonder if this could be reviewed / clarified / scrapped ?

Davuu:

we had a problem on one of the dances on...Saturday, some of our party went into the fursuit lounge to cool off before the end and when they came back out to rejoin the dance were told they couldnt go back in, and then also told the fursuit lounge was shut 0_o

I understand perhaps to stop new people coming in, but as there is no other entrance to and from the fursuit lounge and no-one said if you leave you cant come back ... and as fursuits dont have watches.. it was a bit upsetting to not be allowed back in when you only went to cool off.

im not sure why the rule exists? if you need to shut the club at 2am, then once the music stops then people would naturally leave anyhow... ? im sure theres a reason ....?

Pizza:
Yeah I will say I was a bit annoyed that I left BBF's dance to cool down a little, leaving all my friends inside, and then was told I wasn't allowed back in as they were closing in 10 minutes. I then saw people being let it at about 5 past so wandered in no problem after wasting 15 minutes sat outside.

I was also told I wasn't allowed to take my balloon into the night club so went all the way back to my room in suit (2nd floor right at the end of the corridor) came all the way back to see other people being let in with balloons.

Seems the security on the door all had different rules regarding some things.

Bezel:

--- Quote from: Pizza on May 29, 2014, 15:52:05 ---Yeah I will say I was a bit annoyed that I left BBF's dance to cool down a little, leaving all my friends inside, and then was told I wasn't allowed back in as they were closing in 10 minutes. I then saw people being let it at about 5 past so wandered in no problem after wasting 15 minutes sat outside.

I was also told I wasn't allowed to take my balloon into the night club so went all the way back to my room in suit (2nd floor right at the end of the corridor) came all the way back to see other people being let in with balloons.

Seems the security on the door all had different rules regarding some things.

--- End quote ---

Hiya,

I'm sorry you had problems at the nightclub and I'd like to try and explain the two items you mentioned...

Regarding BBF's dance, there's a standing rule (posted on the nightclub door) that the last admission is 15 minutes before the nightclub closes. As far as security knew, the set was supposed to be finishing at 02:00, the same as every other set, and we therefore stopped people going in at around 01:45. However it... overran slightly, and it took a direct request from the hotel at 02:15 before the nightclub was actually closed. When it became obvious that the club wasn't going to be closing at 02:00, we checked with ConOps who basically said we should let people in - so there was a period when you wouldn't have been allowed back in, followed by another period when you would.

Balloons should *not* have been allowed into the nightclub - this was originally checked with the nightclub staff who were concerned about potential damage to some very expensive equipment. However, there wasn't a written policy for that - it was only checked when the first suiter with a balloon actually arrived - and it seems security failed to pass this restriction onto each other, so that some knew about it and some didn't. I'll put my hand up and take the blame for that one.

I can only apologise for any problems or disappointment caused, but these were both circumstances we hadn't anticipated.

Davuu:
 I guess balloons in the dark could be seen as a hazard if someone were to trip? though... not so much balloons but I did see something quite ....daft....  a group of people took a dark coloured tennis ball onto the night club floor and were throwing it around between themselves... leading to scuttling around on the dance floor in the dark trying to find it.....

if you want to play a ball game like that play it outside in the light! I almost tripped on it as I couldnt see it on the floor in the dark!  if I fall in suit,  apart from maybe breaking a seam, im relatively padded but if someone out of suit would have been jumping up and down dancing and landed on it, they could have smashed their head on the floor, common sense people!  I was meant to pass it onto security but I forgot, so thats my mistake. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version