Author Topic: How do you identify with your Furry species?  (Read 15357 times)

Offline Blaster2

• I'm on here as much as I can!
  • The 2nd coming....is coming!
    • View Profile
How do you identify with your Furry species?
« on: May 21, 2007, 01:58:27 »
What I mean by this is, do you share any common traits with your totem, avatar or inner animal, however you wish to describe it.

Hedgehogs are nocturnal, as am I! They also prefer to hide away from danger rather than fight, as do I! However, if handled incorrectly they can be painful, same with me!

Loupgaros

Re: How do you identify with your Furry species?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 11:35:39 »
Mine is a wolf, well Loup is more a demoness/succubus/wolf, but has the basic makeup of a wolf. But I am therian. So I have always identified myself with wolves. In stories, I would read wolf ones. In art, I looked up wolves. When I became a fur, I chose wolf as my totem. As to traits, I can be more like the Beta wolf in a pack. I will be neutral in debates but defend a principle if I have to. I will also defend others as per the beta's role and often. I find myself defending the underdogs in any situation. I can see debates and issues from all angles, despite my own opinion, so I think wolf suits me.

Diesel

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 12:53:10 »
I've always been told I've got very cat-like mannerisms (right down to the way I scratch my head or neck, apparently), so I guess I do carry a bit over in terms of lynxishness... that and I'm the only person I know who climbs stairs on all fours regularly!  ;D

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 13:18:44 »
I've been told that I reflect the attitude of a lion quite effectively; I'm generally rather lazy except when it comes to matters of importance such as making sure I get a good meal!  I also have a fair bit of a mane whenever I get a chance to let it grow long enough.

I have been known to mewl, growl and purr (I know lions can't actually purr though) on occasion although I've not quite got the hang of roaring yet, don't think my vocal chords are up to it.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Benny Brownpaws

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 13:27:55 »
Well, being excessively cute and playful irl makes me the perfect otter! That and I love water....maybe it has something to do with being a baptist christian....with the whole baptism in the pool of water thing....heh heh!

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I can see through time!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 21:45:32 »
I just love foxes, they are soo cute and.... CYOOOOTE! hehe =^.^=

*snuggles his fox plushies*

Loupgaros

« Reply #6 on: May 22, 2007, 13:46:31 »
I've always been told I've got very cat-like mannerisms (right down to the way I scratch my head or neck, apparently), so I guess I do carry a bit over in terms of lynxishness... that and I'm the only person I know who climbs stairs on all fours regularly!  ;D

Snap. I can't walk up the stairs properly without wanting to dro my arms and then walk up like a canine.....

Diesel

« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2007, 15:38:47 »

Snap. I can't walk up the stairs properly without wanting to dro my arms and then walk up like a canine.....

Hehehe!  It's seriously weird how often I do it without thinking.  Damn sight easier than just using two legs methinks  ;)

Alls I gotta do is practice doing it on the way down..  :D

Loupgaros

« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2007, 15:44:22 »
He he, yeah. I resist doing that because most stairs are hard and I would get the oddest of looks. *grin* 'Why are you walking on your hands?' 'Was I?' 'Er, yes.' 'Oh, right. Thanks for telling me.' And I wag my imaginary tail as well...

Off-topic... Do you really have a beard?

Diesel

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2007, 00:36:29 »
Off-topic... Do you really have a beard?

Hehe, yep :)  It's only a goatee, mind  ;D

Loupgaros

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2007, 21:44:29 »
Ah.... Not too keen on goatees..... But your avvie pic looks good with it.

Offline Exiled Wolf

• Media Relations & Security
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Woof Bark Grrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 24, 2007, 23:13:35 »
The usual suspects really. I growl, bark and am generally "wolfy" with my vocalisations. Also do stairs on all fours, it's quicker, easier, and I like it. Other than that, I dunno, I'm sure there's some more traits I have but I've associated with a wolf spiritually for so long I view all my behaviours, including the growling etc, as perfectly natural.

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #12 on: May 24, 2007, 23:39:37 »
I've just recalled an incident where a colleague of mine attempted to steal my pen when I was working last year.... I reflexively growl/snarled at them... they didn't steal the pen, but did give me a funny look :P
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Loupgaros

« Reply #13 on: May 24, 2007, 23:44:06 »
I was tapped on the shoulder... I just turned with a quiet 'Mrrrf?' and they looked at me....

Offline Exiled Wolf

• Media Relations & Security
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Woof Bark Grrr
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2007, 00:09:25 »
I used to growl and snarl between calls at my old job. I got a few strange looks at first, but after two years there people just accepted it as one of my quirks, just like wearing combat pants to the office, packing two days extra food and an emergency kit into my work bag, and the ability to down two dozen cups of coffee before lunch.