Author Topic: Television  (Read 14246 times)

Loupgaros

Television
« on: May 21, 2007, 11:07:13 »
Another general one. What is your favourite programme to watch? Or genre?

I much prefer natural history and any documentaey that isn't on too late which captures my imagination, such as the Scientology one. I like to read and watch interesting things to stimulate my little brain (blame university) so I can't watch anything like Big Brother (which is making a comeback) without trying to ad an intellectual overtone. Fruitless I know. But hey, I think a lot.....

Offline The Dark Knight

• Head Of Convention Operations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • "MOVE!"
    • View Profile
Re: Television
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 11:12:03 »
I generally don't watch TV anymore. I "acquire" TV shows and watch them without the adverts. ;)

Nowadays it's mostly series like Lost, Life On Mars, House, etc. I've started getting old TV shows like Blake's 7, Survivors, and docu-dramas like Threads.

I also watch an internet TV show called "Patrolling with Sean Kennedy" and "SKTFM". :)

*grins* Scientology is hilarious. :D

Loupgaros

« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 11:16:07 »
The doc was scary. They followed the reporter and watched him.. They blackmail you with personal information. Scary indeed.

I cannot wait until the new series of Life on Mars. I liked t when he came back to the 70s and not to the present where he was from. He had more fun there.

Offline The Dark Knight

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • "MOVE!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2007, 11:18:00 »
Check out XenuTV for more information about what Scientology does to people.

Avalanche

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2007, 12:40:39 »
I rarely watch TV anymore, the News and Top Gear are the only real shows i watch on TV.

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2007, 13:24:29 »
I've found myself watching more and more TV recently... possibly as a way to escape revising for my finals.  Generally I'll be watching CSI, Scrubs, House, Stargate SG1, JAG or Dr Who;  either as they're being broadcast for having been "aquired" by other means so I don't have to suffer the adverts.
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Offline Shep

• Convention Operations/Shepherd at Large
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Hello you!
    • View Profile
    • Mein LJ
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2007, 16:21:09 »
Since Life on Mars ended, I don't really watch TV, apart from the odd repeat on Sky. I mainly watch things posted here:

http://www.tv-links.co.uk
Shep Shepherd, the Good Shepherd ^^

Offline The Dark Knight

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • "MOVE!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 21, 2007, 17:55:33 »
I've found myself watching more and more TV recently... possibly as a way to escape revising for my finals.  Generally I'll be watching CSI, Scrubs, House, Stargate SG1, JAG or Dr Who;  either as they're being broadcast for having been "aquired" by other means so I don't have to suffer the adverts.
Yay JAG. :D

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I can see through time!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #8 on: May 21, 2007, 21:32:51 »
Stargate SG-1
Stargate Atlantis
Star Trek: Voyager
Doctor Who
Top Gear
House
Andromeda

Loupgaros

« Reply #9 on: May 22, 2007, 13:59:17 »
Top Gear FTW! Love that show.
Doctor who
Any Dream Will Do (I, er, rather like John Barrowman)
American Idol (The guest singers are like, so, desperate, like its unbelievable!)

Diesel

« Reply #10 on: May 22, 2007, 15:36:27 »
I'm hopelessly addicted to Lost, even if it has started to swerve off course a little this last season... otherwise you'd usually find me watching South Park, King of the Hill, Have I Got News For You, QI, Catchphrase (repeats on Challenge!  ;D), Red Dwarf, Blackadder III, The Simpsons, Family Guy, Futurama, Robot Chicken, Sonic SATAM, Heathcliff, Knightmare, TOTP 2, Top Gear, Millionaire... all sorts.

Loupgaros

« Reply #11 on: May 22, 2007, 15:41:19 »
'Say what you see, say what you see...' The Irish host was great. Even if the catchprase piccy was... a little crude at first, he would still go on.

Offline The Dark Knight

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • "MOVE!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 22, 2007, 15:50:04 »
'Say what you see, say what you see...' The Irish host was great. Even if the catchprase piccy was... a little crude at first, he would still go on.
Roy Walker. :)

Loupgaros

« Reply #13 on: May 22, 2007, 15:57:36 »
The immortal Roy Walker.  ;D Must Youtube that moment where Mr Chips was 'dancing' with the snake....

Offline The Dark Knight

• CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • "MOVE!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 22, 2007, 17:00:03 »
Haha! That clip's so funny. XD