Author Topic: Literature  (Read 11269 times)

Loupgaros

Literature
« on: May 21, 2007, 11:18:20 »
I haven't read much apart from biblical commentaries of late but I have the entire Redwall collection thus far, Discworld and a few Werewolf the Apocalypse books as well (from when they were sold in my university town of Bangor). But I'm currently reading Sokora Refugees, a neat manga about elves and a cute-as-hell raccoon neko. Sadsly essay encroaxches so my reading is limited..... Stupid essays.

Avalanche

Re: Literature
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2007, 12:41:32 »
I've read all 4 Halo (the game) books by Eric Nylund and mostly read Manga comics of Initial D and Naruto.

Offline Matt the Lion

• Convention Chairman
  • Forum Admins
  • SuperFuzz!
  • King of the Jungle
    • View Profile
    • My Photography (Mostly big cats)
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2007, 13:33:13 »
Myself, I've read the complete Redwall (a good few years ago though), Swallows and Amazons (also quite a while ago) and the ongoing Discworld series, including all three "Science of the Discworld" books.  I have also read The Cleric Quintet and the Icewind Dale Trilogy from the Wizards of the Coast series "Forbidden Realms".
"I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I am not sure you realise that what you heard is not what I meant."

"It is much more comfortable to be mad and know it, than to be sane and have one's doubts."

Loupgaros

« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2007, 13:53:25 »
I want to get the Science of the Discworld books. They are good reads. And Nanny Ogg's Cookbook. Nanny Ogg had to be one of my fave characters.

Benny Brownpaws

« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 11:32:21 »
Redwall and Discworld rank highly but I also enjoy my Doctor Who books. I'm gonna get the audio books of Torchwood soon as well, and expand my Redwall collection.

AstroFenn

« Reply #5 on: June 02, 2007, 18:02:52 »
I read a lot actually, some good books that I have read lately are: Dumcton wood (Moles) Watership down (Rabbits) The Sight (Wolves), Shakespeare's "Much Ado About Nothing" and the mangas: DearS, Battle Vixens and Pita Ten, I'm currently reading VonVan Hunter. Oh and of course any SOnic the comic or Mobius 25 years later I can get my paws on ^_~

Loupgaros

« Reply #6 on: June 02, 2007, 20:12:15 »
Watership Down is odd. But very bloody in the film version of the 70s.... I liked that. ^.^ Not childsafe, just the way I like it.

Offline Lilsi

• Cookie Maker
  • Beefy
    • View Profile
    • Live Journal
« Reply #7 on: June 06, 2007, 10:55:46 »
Im more fantasy book based, i have the Nightworld collection apart from 3 which i cant get  hold of :S.
I have all the Chronicles of Ancient Darkness books that are out so far.

I also read more mature books like,  'I, Lucifer', Tommy's Tale  and I have the whole Hannibal Lecter seriese :D which are a great read ^-^. Child called it, and other books about child abuse which are hard to read but good. 

I'll pretty much read anything that isnt, manga, star wars and romeo n juleit *blarg*

Loupgaros

« Reply #8 on: June 06, 2007, 14:51:08 »
Shakespeare is my fave either..... <.<

Offline Lilsi

• Cookie Maker
  • Beefy
    • View Profile
    • Live Journal
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 21:57:52 »
hehe..    Do you bite your thumb at me sir?  i do not bite my thumb at you sir!
seriously, who can take a play seriously when people are talking about biting their tumbs at each other  :o

Offline Shep

• Convention Operations/Shepherd at Large
  • Omg, I post a lot!
  • Hello you!
    • View Profile
    • Mein LJ
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2007, 15:12:10 »
I like the Tom Sharpe books :)
Shep Shepherd, the Good Shepherd ^^

Loupgaros

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 21:23:13 »
hehe..    Do you bite your thumb at me sir?  i do not bite my thumb at you sir!
seriously, who can take a play seriously when people are talking about biting their tumbs at each other  :o

It was a rude gesture at the time. You didn't bit your thumb, more clacked it to your teeth. Like a snarl in effect.

Offline Wolfie Fox

• Stage Manager
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • I can see through time!
    • View Profile
    • OS Labs
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2007, 12:59:23 »
I don't like reading, I prefer movies

Offline Lazerus101

• Fursuit Event Team
  • CFz Crew
  • Cookie Maker
  • Bunny, Carouser and Fursuit Events Spod
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2007, 20:28:23 »
I have read every single Pratchett novel, I am a huge HUGE fan. I also read Anne McCafferey, Harry Potter (sorry it had to be done, I hate myself for it I really do). Right now I am looking at buying the His Dark Materials series by Phillip Pullman. I need to get round to Redwall one day.

Offline The Dark Knight

• Head Of Convention Operations
  • CFz Staff
  • SuperFuzz!
  • "MOVE!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2007, 11:14:37 »
I wonder if anyone here has read anything by Robert A. Heinlein?