ConFuzzled Forums > Feedback

Nightclub last admittance policy

<< < (2/5) > >>

rakhan:

--- Quote from: Bezel on May 29, 2014, 16:15:45 ---
--- Quote from: Pizza on May 29, 2014, 15:52:05 ---I was also told I wasn't allowed to take my balloon into the night club so went all the way back to my room in suit (2nd floor right at the end of the corridor) came all the way back to see other people being let in with balloons.

--- End quote ---

Balloons should *not* have been allowed into the nightclub - this was originally checked with the nightclub staff who were concerned about potential damage to some very expensive equipment. However, there wasn't a written policy for that

--- End quote ---

I believe the potential issue with balloons was primally metallic ones as it was in a Risk Assessment regarding the lasers.
It would make sense to have a blanket NO so that everyone is under the same rules, as you say perhaps this is a point for next year.

yagfox:

--- Quote from: rakhan on May 29, 2014, 21:57:59 ---
--- Quote from: Bezel on May 29, 2014, 16:15:45 ---
--- Quote from: Pizza on May 29, 2014, 15:52:05 ---I was also told I wasn't allowed to take my balloon into the night club so went all the way back to my room in suit (2nd floor right at the end of the corridor) came all the way back to see other people being let in with balloons.

--- End quote ---

Balloons should *not* have been allowed into the nightclub - this was originally checked with the nightclub staff who were concerned about potential damage to some very expensive equipment. However, there wasn't a written policy for that

--- End quote ---

I believe the potential issue with balloons was primally metallic ones as it was in a Risk Assessment regarding the lasers.
It would make sense to have a blanket NO so that everyone is under the same rules, as you say perhaps this is a point for next year.

--- End quote ---

I don't know if the ban was related to the lasers. It was on our risk assesment that foil balloons were a potential hazard that the LSO on duty was told to look for. I only spotted one foil balloon at the whole con, and it was tied to a suiter too low down as to present a hazard in the nightclub.

Certainly a ban does remove that potential hazard, though non foil balloons don't present a problem.

Swolf:
Balloons are a no as i think either last year or the year before one ballon hit a par can (which is lit by a very warm halogen bulb) burst and then fused with the glass lens due to the heat, was a nightmare to get off before returning to the hire company.

As for the admittance policy I believe the rule is no new admittance 15mins prior to end, however i wasn't aware that existing attendees were being turned away after getting "cooled" down / taking a short break.
Unsure as to how to address this as to track all the people coming and going ... would be a bit logistically tough, It is a point that would need to be discussed with the security and nightclub teams.

yagfox:

--- Quote from: Swolf on May 30, 2014, 00:23:52 ---Balloons are a no as i think either last year or the year before one ballon hit a par can (which is lit by a very warm halogen bulb) burst and then fused with the glass lens due to the heat, was a nightmare to get off before returning to the hire company.

As for the admittance policy I believe the rule is no new admittance 15mins prior to end, however i wasn't aware that existing attendees were being turned away after getting "cooled" down / taking a short break.
Unsure as to how to address this as to track all the people coming and going ... would be a bit logistically tough, It is a point that would need to be discussed with the security and nightclub teams.

--- End quote ---

I suspect as everyone now knows, it won't be an issue! :) It was written on the door, but I have to admit I didn't notice it until it was brought to my attention.

Pizza:
Yes I was the suiter with the foil love heart balloon tied to my tail. I thought i'd ask before going in as i'm sure there is something about foil balloons and lasers... I asked and was told no balloons at all, metallic, foil, rubber, small, large, helium whatever. Then saw my friend in there with one. I'm not annoyed about it or anything it was more just an "Oh dammit XD" moment more than anything. Maybe just have a sign outside that says "NO BALLOONS!" so it's clear and general for everyone to know and so security know it's a rule.

With the BBF dance, no worries. I was just really confused at the time and wondered if there was any particular reason for them not letting me in the first time. Thanks for clearing that up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version